I am Kari Whitney--a student completing college studies in writing and history at Washington State University. I have experience working with Tacoma non-profit, educational institutions in relationship-building, fundraising, and volunteer management capacities. Once I obtain my degree I want to find a career in which I can help local charities efficiently meet their mission-related goals.
Ask me about...
- My experience at Charles Wright Academy where I served as the Director of Parent Relations, interim Admissions Marketing Manager, and various volunteer roles as my child and the institution needed.
- My role at Bellarmine Preparatory School as the Capital Campaign coordinator.
- My project consultancy for MLS4owners.com.
- My beginning footings in development at Annie Wright Schools.
- My time in Seattle as a legal secretary for Simburg, Ketter, Sheppard & Purdy.
- My experience in Alaska as a paralegal and database expert for Clough & Associates in the Exxon Valdez litigation.
And ask me about...
My many, cherished volunteer and community experiences. In addition to helping at my daughter's schools I've served on boards, led a Girl Scout troop, organized 16 years of neighborhood get-togethers, founded a babysitting co-op, designed web pages, and led conservation events.
Don't want to ask? OK, then learn about me at...
(I also keep a personal blog that I add to sporadically.)